Thursday, April 07, 2005

An apology

Welcome bloggers, I feel that my previous blog was substandard. Think I must have had too much northern air or something. Mind you in terms of comments, it has been one of the most successful blogs to date. To make it up I will make it half price to view my blog for the next month. Yes raw power guy, I know half of nothing is still free, a gold star for you. Now back into character.

I have been to the most obscure parts of the country, many kilometers from civilization. Just yesterday I was out on the moores. I have come to the conclusion that light pollution has made viewing the night sky impossible in every part of the country.

I was not always a renegade member of the RAS. It was not long ago that I was pressing the council on important issues. In many cases we agreed on the principle ideas, but they never listened to how it should be put into practice. The final straw came when I put forward operation grand slam. I reasoned that a few well placed explosive devices could cripple the national grid for weeks, leading to massive blackout areas. The government would be powerless to resist, as they could not protect all the countries power lines. We would have them at our mercy, and could get them to agree to three hours a night without electricity in return for our ceasing of the campaign.

The weak RAS leaders ignored my suggestions, saying it would inconvenience millions, and would cause hundreds of deaths. They also said I was power hungry, insane, and obsessed with an astronomers utopia. They went as far to say that I would block out the sun if I could, just to use the telescopes continuously. Honestly what jokers, why would I want to block out the sun, when I can make observations of it?

I call upon all astronomers everywhere to unite, and together we can lead this planet to a golden age of enlightenment.

The Admiral


Please note that the bitter and twisted words of the admiral, are complete fantasy. He does not even exist. This blog should not be taken seriously, and there is no need to contact the authorities. I don't want to see a fully armed metropolitan police team surrounding the library when I write my blog, its really difficult to clean up the mess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Overlord Rear Admiral Alan, Master of the Universe said...

I have been working on a theory for the Earth to capture a large wondering planet as it crosses the solar system. We could hitch a ride, and leave the sun behind.

All i need is a large wondering planet, to cross the solar system (maybe a bit unlikely) and an elastic band the size of the M25.

Even if i took over the RAS today, and made everyone work continuously, carrying a really big whip, i estimate it would take until 2015 to develop a gun big enough to blow up the sun. Mind you it would be a good year for wine, lots of tasty neutrinos.

2:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home