Friday, April 29, 2005

Overlord or time lord?

Optimism suppressed the belief I had in the total failure of the quantum leap drive. Technological excellence is no substitute for maintaining the laws of cause and effect. There is no way that I can change the history of the RAS, without somehow changing myself. My own history is entwined to the RAS like vader to the force. My attempts to alter timelines has resulted in a visit from the Albert Einstein society of timeline preservation. Albo gave me the equivalent of a yellow card, attempting to break the laws of physics again will result in my erasure from history altogether.

I am not too disappointed however. The machine has another purpose, that I had not even considered early on, but is glaringly obvious. I have the power of eternal life. By creating a clone of myself, I can permanently transfer my life knowledge and experience to a younger version of myself to preserve my existence indefinitely. Sure I am young yet, but I will be able to retire my old body in mid sixties and start a new leaf of life in a twenty year old body.

It does raise ethical questions, I will need to train the young clone to actively work his brain so it is in optimum condition. Once I am ready I will have this young, probably brilliant physicist mindswapped, then terminated.

Even more tricky is the chance that he may outwit me, such a wise man will no doubt work out what I am scheming, and will attempt to have me erased. It is a chance I have to take to preserve myself indefinitely.

It turns out that one of my generals, Raw Power Guy, has been working on similar lines. His weakness is his vanity and his clone will replace him when he reaches mid thirties, in a bid to stay forever young.

The ECB has agreed to let us use Lords cricket ground as a meeting place, in exchange for my continuing work in winning the ashes for England. Dressing up as a crusader is not compulsory.

The Admiral

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanna see my third nipple?

8:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, i don't

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home